I am William and I specialise in the Scala programming language and test-driven development
I have published Scala Algorithms with various explanations and examples.
Examples why you may want to contact me
- You are building a web platform, something like Amazon, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, that connect users together.
- You want real-time or offline "big data" stream analysis, and present the results on a dashboard so that you can act on new information quickly, whether it's stock prices or e-mail streams.
- You are building a mobile app or a desktop app (Apple iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, Linux, Fitbit), whether standalone or as part of a platform.
- You are building a transactional website with things like PayPal, Amazon, PSD2, GDPR, Stripe and other integrations as well as automated report generation.
- You are developing a stock trading platform, where your users can trade in real time
- You want all aspects of your software to be strategically thought out and planned for, such as back-ups, maintenance, longevity, strategic suitability.
How do I get all this done? I love efficiency, have experience in many industries, and most importantly, have a network who work with me to get all these things done.
Contact me: email@example.com
Technology Experience & Methodology
I am very big on Documentation, Interface development and Test-Driven Development.
Here are some of my open source contributions.
- The GraalVM native-image plug-in for SBT: github.com/sbt/sbt-native-packager/pull/1165
- github.com/ScalaWilliam/xs4s, an XML Streaming for Scala library for multi-GB files, with an FS2 layer.
- Scala: I've contributed to scala/dotty, scala/scala, playframework/playframework, sbt/sbt-git, hseeberger/akka-sse and others
- Unit testing is simple
- What are advantages of Scala over Kotlin?
- Web standards for content syndication
- Why Scala didn't miss the Android opportunity
- How I deal with greenfield technical debt
- Capturing Packets with Scala Native and libpcap
- Limit degrees of freedom in development
- The most important Streaming abstraction
- Essential SBT
- Feature Switches, Inheritance and Agile with Scala & JMX on the JVM
© 2012-2020 William Narmontas