I specialise in Scala, the higher-calibre alternative to the Java programming language.
I've been coding since 1999, commercially since 2004, and in Scala since 2013 (4½ years).
Experience in: data science, big data, eCommerce, finance, publishing, online gaming, payments, internet services.
I work with: CEO, CTO, Head of Engineering, VP of Technology, Technical Lead, Development Manager, Team Leads, Architects, Developers, Engineers, Testing, QA, Business Owner, Product Owner, Project Managers.
- Unit testing is simple
- What are advantages of Scala over Kotlin?
- Web standards for content syndication
- Why Scala didn't miss the Android opportunity
- How I deal with greenfield technical debt
- Certifications I'm considering, as an experienced software engineer
- 2017 freelance development platforms
- Capturing Packets with Scala Native and libpcap
- Java 8 Nashorn CLI use case: prepending ISO instant to CSV from UNIX timestamp
- Scala Nashorn Interaction
- Limit degrees of freedom in development
- The most important Streaming abstraction
- Essential SBT
- Feature Switches, Inheritance and Agile with Scala & JMX on the JVM
Open Source projects
These are the projects that I run. I also participate in the development community.